Jackson/Obama Versus Cantor/Boehner
Cantor lists his 'Top 10 Job-Destroying Regulations:' [7 of the 10 are environmental regulations]
See Full Explanations on Cantor's Site (parentheses show implementation times)
1) NLRB’s Boeing Ruling (Week of September 12)
2) Utility MACT and CSAPR (Week of September 19):
3) Boiler MACT (Week of October 3):
4) Cement MACT (Week of October 3):
5) Coal Ash (October/November):
6) Grandfathered Health Plans (November/December):
7) Ozone Rule (Winter):
8) Farm Dust (Winter):
9) Greenhouse Gas (Winter):
10) NLRB’s Ambush Elections (Winter):
The politics involved in evaluating the effects of these environmental regulations favor the job-creation imperative at the moment over the health and economic benefits of lives saved, chronic illnesses prevented, hospital visits avoided and sick days not taken.
The two major parties have also switched sides on climate change mitigation via Cap and Trade too.